Lois Privor-Dumm, MBA
- Senior Research Associate
- Division: Health Systems
Center & Institute Affiliations
855 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
MBA, University of South Carolina, 1988
My interests focus on immunization in low and middle income countries, building on nearly two decades of experience in business and the private sector. I've brought my expereince and lessons learned from the launch of the first pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in high and middle income countries and combined it with an understanding of public health needs in low and middle income countries. The work of our team has focused on policy change and advocacy to help accelerate access of new vaccines for pneumonia, diarrhea and polio. Understanding the relationships of various stakeholders in country and empowering local advocates to communicate evidence and compelling messages about the need for vaccines has been central to our work in helping accelerate access.
I serve as Director, Policy, Advocacy and Communications at IVAC. Our team works with a variety of stakeholders including vaccine experts, pediatricians, policy makers, politicians, journalists and others to provide technical assistance for policy decisions & build capacity for effective advocacy and communications about the value of vaccines.
- immunization policy
- hib vaccines
- pneumococcal vaccines
- rotavirus vaccines
- vaccine access
- low &
- middle income countries
- Ozawa S, Privor-Dumm L, Nanni A, Durden E, Maise BA, Nwannkwo CU, Brodovicz KG, Acosta, CJ, Foley KA. Evidence-to-policy gap on hepatitis A vaccine adoption in 6 countries: literature vs. policymakers’ beliefs. Vaccine. In press available online 2014 May 15
- Wonodi C, Privor-Dumm L, et al. Using Social Network Analysis To Examine The Decision-Making Process On New Vaccine Introduction In Nigeria. Health Policy and Planning. 2012; 27:ii27-ii38.
Hajjeh RA, Privor-Dumm L, Edmond K, O'Loughlin R, Shetty S, Griffiths UK, Bear AP, Cohen AL, Chandran A, Schuchat A, Mulholland EK, Santosham M. Supporting new vaccine introduction decisions: lessons learned from the Hib Initiative experience. Vaccine. 2010 Oct 8;28(43):7123-9
Bärnighausen T, Bloom DE, Canning D, Friedman A, Levine OS, O'Brien J, Privor-Dumm L, Walker D. Rethinking the benefits and costs of childhood vaccination: the example of the Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine. Vaccine. 2011 Mar 16;29(13):2371-80
Levine OS, Hajjeh R, Wecker J, Cherian T, O'Brien KL, Knoll MD, Privor-Dumm L, Kvist H, Nanni A, Bear AP, Santosham M. A policy framework for accelerating adoption of new vaccines. Hum Vaccin. 2010 Dec;6(12):1021-4
- Building an Enabling Environment for Vaccines in India (EEVI2)
- Strengthening Advocacy for Immunization through Data (SAID)
- Strengthening Immunization Advocacy Through Data: Country Specific - India