SCIBAR accelerates the translation of innovative basic science to practical, real world applications with the potential to have large public health impact.
We expect the SCIBAR Initiative to spark new or expanded areas of excellence in the School.
- Non-traditional partnerships
- Bold initiatives
- Testable hypotheses
- Practical applications
- Large global public health impact
Benefits for the School community
- Foster new collaborations and new ways to think about how we do research
- Identify organizational and administrative changes needed to support team science and collaborations across the basic and applied sciences
- Identify skills we need to nurture among our faculty
- Submission of letter of intent summarizing project proposal and team
- Committee selects ideas for second round of feedback and review
- Selected teams prepare pitches presenting proposals to School-wide audience
- Following pitch presentations, teams receive targeted feedback and prepare full applications
- Full written applications reviewed by committee and final selections announced
Subject to change as planning progresses.
|May 2019||SCIBAR announcement and kickoff|
|Summer 2019||Workshops and discussions on principles of SCIBAR|
|Fall 2019||Letters of intent due|
|Fall 2019||Selection of projects for pitch presentations|
|Fall-Winter 2019||Skills-building sessions for public presentations|
|Winter 2020||Public pitch presentations and Q & A|
|Spring 2020||Full written proposals due|
|Spring 2020||Announcement of funded projects|
An initiative of the
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Strategic Plan.