This training introduces participants to the essentials of grant writing, and is focused on practical skill-building. After an overview of the entire process, specific attention is paid to the following key areas:
- analyzing the RFA (request for applications),
- understanding and describing the “what, why and how” of your program,
- writing S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-framed) objectives,
- integrating evaluation into the proposed work plan, and
- preparing the executive summary.