March 17, 2010 (Johns Hopkins Bllomber School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland)
MidAtlantic Public Health Training Center
General Preventive Medicine Residency
Dr. Kevin Frick,
Professor Department of Health Policy and Management at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Director of the Interdepartmental Health Economics Program
Image Coming Soon
Executive Director of the Health Services Cost Review Commission in Maryland
|These training materials are available to you free of charge; no payment is necessary.|
|Dr. Kevin Fick Discusses:|
- What exactly is health economics?
- What are the many types of cost studies?
- How could we apply these types of studies to the study of a particular intervention?
|Click here to dowload a copy of Dr. Fick's PowerPoint|
|Robert Murrey Disscusses:|
- Steps in developing economic policies to reduce health care costs and improve quality
- Role of government to address market failure
- How the Maryland all-payer hospital rate setting system is uniquely able to promote “value for money”
|Click here to download a copy of Mr. Murrey's PowerPoint|