The Student-L listserv is generally reserved for messages of broad interest that are important for all students to hear.
Messages typically come from Student Affairs, Career Services or the Dean. They can include information on courses, garage closings, or things like SPARC.
This listserv is not for student group events or Student Assembly events other than the prominent schoolwide events (e.g., welcome party, gala, tonic, etc). This means no happy hour messages over Student-L.
Also, this listserv should not include any event that is already on main public affairs calendar.
- Almost nothing should ever go out over Student-L more than once
- The purpose of the listserv is to disseminate important information that students need to know and must read
- Students are not allowed to unsubscribe from this listserv; that means that messages on it should be of interest even to students currently studying in China, Spain or elsewhere
- The purpose of Student-L is not to inform students of events that they might like to attend; it is to inform students of critical information about the School that they have to know
How to send messages to Student-L
- Send your message *exactly* as you want it to appear to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not include attachments or any wording you do not want to be sent with the posted message (including in the subject line)
- Please keep information within the email and attached to the email as concise as possible
- Do not send to both Student-L and Activities-L