Student Dental Insurance
The student dental insurance plan is administered by United Concordia.
Continuing students must enroll from July 1 to June 30, 2017 to avoid interruption in coverage. Enrollment forms must be received by June 10, 2016 for coverage to be effective July 1.
New students have the option of enrolling during in-person orientation activities. Coverage will be effective August 1 for students matriculating during the summer or October 1 if you matriculate during 1st term. Students cannot terminate their dental coverage once enrolled.
Deadlines for New Student Enrollment
- Summer deadline: July 13th (with coverage effective date of 08/01/2016)
- Fall deadline: September 14th (with coverage effective date of 10/01/2016)
Plan 1: DHMO
- Many covered services, focused on preventive care
- Typically a member pays a copayment amount per service
- Most plans have no copayments for preventive care
- No maximums or deductibles
- You must visit a Concordia Plus general dentist to receive coverage
- Your general dentist will refer to you a specialist if necessary
- $33.78—Husband and wife
- $33.78—Individual plus one child
- $48.56—Family (includes spouse)
Plan 2: Advantage Plus Plan
- $22.17—Husband and wife
- $28.17—Individual plus child or children
- $42.23—Family (includes spouse)
Vision Discount Program
Please note that participants in the United Concordia dental insurance plan have access to the Davis Vision Discount Program. This is NOT vision insurance coverage. Davis provides dental plan participants with a low-cost, traditional vision discount program that provides significant discounts on eye exams, lenses, frames, and additional eyewear options. Please review the following link for more information on this vision discount program: