2800 Kirk Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218
PHONE: (410) 467-7146
Fax: (410) 467-7141
Contact: Melissa DeLong, Director
Contact: George Olsen, Volunteer Coordinator
Tuesday through Friday - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
2nd and 4th Wednesdays (nights) - 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
2nd and 4th Saturday mornings
Function of Organization/Site:
The Shepherd's Clinic provides quality, low-cost primary health care to those who are medically uninsured, helping people who are unable to afford commercial health insurance and who do not qualify for government assistance in Central Baltimore. The Clinic relies on the generosity and dedication of hundreds of volunteer doctors, nurses, professionals, retirees, students and others to make these services possible.
The Clinic has been dedicated to continuous growth, most recently focusing on providing mental health services. This includes counseling, psychiatry, and support groups. In conjunction with mental health care, the Clinic is in the process of creating a wellness program offering yoga and exercise classes, massage therapy, nutrition courses, and space for meditation. The incorporation of themental health program, wellness program, and primary care places the Clinic at the forefront of a comprehensive movement to provide holistic care. This is an environment where compassionate providers and clinicians with diverse backgrounds confer in order to treat the entirety of the individual seeking care, creating the additional opportunity for providers and clinicians to learn from one another and function in innovative ways.
- Non-clinical Options, including: Sort and categorize donated medicines and medical supplies, clerical/administrative tasks (type, mail, organize, photocopy, enter data, telephones, etc.)
- Physicians, Nurses, Physical Therapists
- Counseling Volunteers: LCSWs, LCPCs, Psychologists, Pastoral Counselors and Psychiatrists
- We invite clinicians with the above backgrounds in counseling to join us in providing holistic are for the uninsured
- Volunteer Network Engineer - We are in need of someone to help us organize and expand our Windows Server 2003 network.
Special skills/experience requested:
- Primary care provider
- Medical background
- Administrative skills
MPH Capstone opportunities (all areas available)
Take the Ellerslie/Eastern Shuttle, 5 minute walk from there (email for map).