Developed by the Center for Teaching and Learning with Technology
For students, faculty and staff at the Bloomberg School of Public Health, PubMed is the first stop for research. It is by far the largest, most comprehensive database in biomedicine. It provides access to more than fifteen million citations and thousands of journals. It is the most used resource of its kind at Hopkins.
Now you have full, free access to a set of online tutorials that will help you use PubMed efficiently and effectively and build a strong research foundation. Proficient and efficient literature research is the basis of superior scholarship.
After successfully completing the PubMed online tutorials, you will be able to –
• Navigate to PubMed by way of WelchWeb
• Identify appropriate search terms for your research questions
• Run successful searches
• Limit searches using available tools
• Identify full-text articles
• Locate specific articles quickly and simply
• Order articles using the LoansomeDoc/Weldoc document delivery system
You can access the new tutorials at http://distance.jhsph.edu/support/tutorials/pubMed/pubmed.cfm. A link to this page can be found in the following locations:
• The PubMed main page at WelchWeb
• The Distance Education Division’s “Tutorials” page
PubMed training sessions are also held in person on campus. Contact email@example.com for details about campus training sessions.
Contact Linda Bruce for more information about the online tutorials.