Margaret Daniele Fallin, PhD
- Chair, Department of Mental Health
- Mental Health (Primary)
- Biostatistics (Joint)
- Division: Genetic Epidemiology
- School of Medicine (Joint)
Center & Institute Affiliations
- Center for Global Health
- Center for Mental Health Initiatives
- Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health
- Wendy Klag Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities
624 N. Broadway
Hampton House 850
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
PhD, Case Western Reserve University, 2000
I am interested in applying genetic epidemiology methods to studies of neuropsychiatric disorders including autism, Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder and to developing applications and methods for epigenetic epidemiology, particulary as applied to mental health and development.
- Epidemiology, genetics, mental health, SNP, genetic epidemiology, autism, schizophrenia, epigenetics
Li Q, Fallin MD, Louis TA, Lasseter VK, McGrath JA, Avramopoulos D, Wolyniec PS, Valle D, Liang K-Y, Ruczinski I, Pulver AE. (2010) Detection of SNP-SNP Interactions in Trios of Parents with Schizophrenic Children. Genetic Epidemiology. In press
Fallin MD, Szymanski M, Wang R, Gherman A, Bassett SS, Avramopoulos D. (2010) Fine-mapping of the Chromosome 10q11-q21 Linkage Region in Alzheimer's Disease Cases and Controls. Neurogenetics, in press.
Matteini AM, Walston JD, Bandeen-Roche K, Arking DE, Allen RH, Fried LP, Chakravarti A, Stabler SP, Fallin MD. (2010) Transcobalamin-II Variants, Decreased Vitamin B12 Availability and Increased Risk of Frailty. J Nutr Health Aging, 14(1):73-7.
- Study to Explore Early Development