Cecilia Tomori, PhD
- Research Associate
- Division: Infectious Disease Epidemiology
PhD, University of Michigan, 2011
MA, University of Michigan, 2003
- HIV prevention
- sexual and reproductive health
- social determinants of health
- psychosocial health
- qualitative and mixed-methods research
- Tomori C, Palmquist EL, Dowling S. Contested moral landscapes: Negotiating breastfeeding stigma in breastmilk sharing, nighttime breastfeeding, and long-term breastfeeding in the U.S. and the U.K. Social Science & Medicine, 2016 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2016.09.014
- Tomori, C. Nighttime Breastfeeding: An American Cultural Dilemma (Fertility, Reproduction and Sexuality series), 2014. New York: Berghahn Books.
- Tomori C, McFall AM, Srikrishnan, AK, Mehta SH, Nimmagadda N, Anand S, Vasudevan CK, Solomon S, Solomon SS, Celentano DD. The prevalence and impact of childhood sexual abuse on HIV-risk behaviors among men who have sex with men (MSM) in India. BMC Public Health, 2016; epub ahead of print DOI: 10.1186/s12889-016-3446-6
- Tomori C, Go VF, Tuan LN, Huong NM, Binh NT, Zelaya CE, Celentano DD, Dat DT, Quan VM. “In their perception we are addicts”: Social vulnerabilities and sources of support for men released from drug treatment and rehabilitation centers in Vietnam. International Journal of Drug Policy, 2014; 25(5) 897-904.
- Tomori C, Risher K, Limaye RJ, Van Lith L, Gibbs S, Smelyanskaya M, Celentano DD. A Role for Health Communication in the Continuum of HIV Care, Treatment, and Prevention. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 2014; 66:S306-S310.