PhD, JHSPH, 2008
Risk adjustment and its applications
Overuse measurements and their applications
Outcome evaluation and cost-effectiveness analysis
Honors and Awards
Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 2009-Present
Taiwan Merits Scholarships, 2005–2008
Rotary Foundation Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholar, 2001–2002
Selected publications from the last two years.
- Chang HY, Lyapustina T, Alexander CG. Impact of prescription drug monitoring programs and pill mill laws on high-risk opioid prescribers: A comparative interrupted time series analysis. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016 Aug 1;165:1-8.
- Chang HY, Boyd C, Leff B, et al. Identifying Consistent High-Cost Users in Health Plans: Characterization and Comparison of Alternative Prediction Models. Medical Care 2016. 54 (9), 852-859.
- Chang HY, Zhou M, Tang W, et al. Risk of gastrointestinal bleedings associated with oral anticoagulants – a population-based retrospective cohort study. BMJ. 2015;350:h1585.
- Chang HY, Hsieh CF, Singh S, et al. Anti-diabetic therapies and the risk of acute pancreatitis: A nationalwide retrospective cohort study in Taiwan. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2015 Jun;24(6):567-75.
- Chang HY, Bodycombe D, Huang WF, Weiner JP. Risk-Adjusted Resource Allocation: Using Taiwan’s National Health Insurance as an Example. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2015;27(2):NP958-71.
See all publications by Hsien-Yen Chang