Xiangrong Kong, PhD
- Associate Scientist
Center & Institute Affiliations
627 N. Washington Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
PhD, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2008
BS, Beijing University of Technology, 2002
Longitudinal and correlated data analysis, causal inference, partially missing data, HIV/AIDS, STI, physical therapy, ophthalmology.
Honors and Awards
2014-18 K25 Mentored Quantitative Research Career Development Award, NIAID
2010 American Statistical Association Statistics in Epidemiology Young Investigator Award
2009 Faculty Grants Award in Global Health Research, Johns Hopkins University
2006 Biopharmaceutical Applied Statistics Symposium (BASS) XIII Fellow
- Statistical methods development and application for research in HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases, risk behaviors, as well as research in physical therapy and arthritis care.
- Kong X, Kigozi G, Ssekasanvu J, Nalugoda F, Nakigozi G, Ndyanabo A, Lutalo T, Reynolds S, Ssekubugu R, Kagaayi J, Bugos E, Chang L, Pilgrim N, Grabowski M, Berman A, Quinn T, Serwadda D, Wawer M, and Gray R, “Association of Medical Male Circumcision and Antiretroviral Therapy Scale-up with Community HIV Incidence in Rakai, Uganda.”. Journal of the American MedicalAssociation. JAMA. 2016 Jul 12;316(2):182-90. doi: 10.1001/jama.2016.7292.
- Kong X, Wang Mei-Cheng, and Gray R, "Analysis of longitudinal multivariate outcome data from couples: application to HPV transmission dynamics from couple cohort studies". Journal of the American Statistical Association. 2015 DOI:10.1080/01621459.2014.991394
- Kong X, Kigozi G, Nalugoda F, Musoke R, Kagaayi J, Latkin C, Ssekubugu R, Lutalo T, Nantume B, Boaz I, Wawer M, Serwadda D, Gray R. "Risk behaviors changed but no risk compensation was found during 3-years of post-trail follow-up of male circumcision trial participants uncircumcised at trial closure in Rakai, Uganda". American Journal of Epidemiology, 2012 Nov 15;176(10):875-85.
- Wawer MJ, Tobian AR, Kigozi G, Kong X, Gravitt PE, Serwadda D, Nalugoda F, Makumbi F, Ssempiija V, Sewankambo N, Watya S, Eaton KP, Oliver AE, Chen MZ, Reynolds S, Quinn TC, and Gray RH. "Male Circumcision Reduces Human Papillomavirus Transmission to HIV-Negative Female Partners: A Randomized Trial in Rakai, Uganda". The Lancet. 2011 Jan 15;377(9761):209-18.
- Kong X, Gray RH, Moulton LH, Wawer M, and Wang M-C, "A modeling framework for the analysis of HPV incidence and persistence: a semi-parametric approach for clustered binary longitudinal data analysis". Statistics in Medicine. 2010 Dec 10;29(28):2880-9.
- Multi-level determinants of male circumcision uptake, Rakai, Uganda
- Multilevel determinants of male circumcision uptake, Rakai, Uganda
- The Johns Hopkins Center for AIDS Research (JHU CFAR): Kong, Xiangrong
- The Natural History of the Progression of Atrophy Secondary to Stargardt Disease (ProgStar) Studies
- Understanding HIV Risk and Service Use in Hotspot Ugandan Fishing Communities