Subhra Chakraborty, PhD
- Assistant Scientist
- Division: Global Disease Epidemiology and Control
615 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
MPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2013
PhD, University of Jadavpur, 2004
MSc, University of Burdwan, 1997
My research is focused to reduce mortality and morbidity due to diarrhea in under-served populations. The areas covered are 1) epidemiology and disease burden of enteric infections, 2) vaccine development for enteric diseases.
Honors and Awards
- Women’s Career Development Grant, American Society for Microbiology (ASM), 2008.
- UNESCO-MIRCEN fellowship for the year 2000-2001.
- Postdoctoral fellowships, Dept of Infectious disease, School of Medicine, Washington University of St. Louis. 2004-2006
- Postdoctoral fellowship, Dept of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, School of Medicine, Stony Brook University. 2006-2008.
- Diarrhea, Enteric disease, Clinical trial, Enterotoxigenic E. coli, Cholera, Francisella tularensis, tularemia, Entamoeba histolytica, antimicrobial resistance