Skip Navigation

International Health

Departmental Funding

Doctoral Programs: Most doctoral students will receive a scholarship of 25% of tuition for their first year followed by a scholarship of 75% of tuition for the subsequent 4 years. Up to 3 doctoral students can receive 100% funding for 2 years, followed by 75% funding for the following 3 years (if funds are available). All doctoral students must be registered full time and be in good academic standing every term to receive these funding options. The Department expects students to finish their PhD in five years.

Master's Program: The Department awards a limited number of full-tuition scholarships to incoming master's students each year in a competitive process. During the second year, after completing a minimum of 64 course credits and during the internship stage of the program, the Department automatically provides a 75% scholarship to all master's students; students are responsible for the remaining 25% of the tuition. Research and teaching assistantships may be available that can support students in selected areas. Financial support for internships varies depending on the sponsoring organization. 

Training Grants: Occasionally, faculty training grants can cover tuition, stipend, and health insurance for select predoctoral and postdoctoral students. Selected students who meet eligibility criteria can also secure NRSA grants for themselves.

Endowed Student Support Awards: The Department recognizes current students' accomplishments with monetary awards that vary from $500 to $5,000. «List of awards»

For more information, contact the Academic Programs Manager.