Certificate Curriculum & Requirements
The training program focuses on the following core informatics topics:
- Overview of public health and biomedical informatics
- Health information systems design and development
- Health information technology standards and systems interoperability
- Systems evaluation and leadership in health sciences informatics
- Population health informatics
Electives are available in: Knowledge Engineering and Decision Support; GIS; Real-Time Surveillance; and "eHealth and mHealth."
To complete the training, students will also undertake a “practicum,” working on a public health informatics project at an organization that they will identify in collaboration with Johns Hopkins faculty.
The program can be completed in 9 months, but MUST be completed within 24 months. A complete listing of the courses required to complete the Certificate Program, is available for download.
For more information, questions, or concerns, please contact Pamela Davis.