Applications to the Public Health Informatics Certificate program are considered by a faculty admissions committee which reviews a range of criteria and considers the overall balance of each applicant's qualifications.
Application eligibility requirements for the certificate include either: 1) an earned graduate degree in public health; 2) current enrollment in a graduate public health degree program; or 3) a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of direct public health experience.
(Please note that directions for applicants outside of the Bloomberg School of Public Health are posted below.)
For applicants currently enrolled in a degree program at the Bloomberg School, the following materials are required for admissions consideration:
- Application for admission;
- A statement of purpose, indicating how the certificate will aid in your career development;
- A copy of your CV/resume;
- Your current transcript, printed from ISIS.
Applicants from outside the Bloomberg School must submit the School's online application . To choose the Certificate in Public Health Informatics Program, you must go to the "Academic Program" module, which can be found on the far left hand side of the page, and use the following codes in the drop down boxes:
- Degree Program - Certificate_For Credit
- you will notice that there are two options. If you are a degree seeking student in another Johns Hopkins University school (i.e. School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Carey Business School, etc) please choose the option that says Certificate_for Credit-Hopkins Degree student. If you are not a degree seeking student within Johns Hopkins University, please choose the option for Certificate_for Credit-Non Degree Student.
- Department - Health Policy and Management
- Track/Division - Public Health Informatics
- Academic Year and Term - September 2015
- Research Interest if any - leave blank
- you will answer the rest of the questions accordingly
- Included in the completed Bloomberg School of Public Health Application will be:
- Undergraduate and as appropriate, graduate transcripts. These must be officially issued from that institution and submitted to*:
615 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21205
- The statement of purpose, indicating how the certificate will aid in your career development;
- A copy of your CV/resume;
- For applicants who are enrolled in or who have graduated from an accredited school of public health, GRE scores are not required. All other applicants will need to submit GRE scores*;
- One letter of recommendation (from your academic advisor if you are a Johns Hopkins Degree Student).
*Student enrolled in a degree program in another Johns Hopkins University school (i.e. School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Carey Business School, etc) do not need to submit GRE scores or official transcripts. Please print a copy of your current transcripts from ISIS and submit it with your application.