Centennial Policy Scholar
Henry A. Waxman Named Centennial Policy Scholar at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Former Congressman Henry A. Waxman, one of the most accomplished legislators in the history of the U.S. Congress, joins the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health for the coming year as its Centennial Policy Scholar. Waxman, who represented California’s 33rd Congressional District for 40 years in the U.S. Congress until he retired last year, joined the Department of Health Policy and Management on July 1, 2015 and will share his insights and expertise with students, faculty and staff for the next 12 months. To read more click here.
Health Care Policy Under the Next Administration: the ACA, Medicare, Medicaid and the Future of Health Reform
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
12:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Sheldon Hall (W1214)
615 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21205-2179
- Henry Waxman, JD, Former Congressman, Centennial Policy Scholar
- Karen Davis, PhD, Eugene and Mildred Lipitz Professor and Director of the Roger C. Lipitz Center for Integrated Health Care
- Bill Corr, JD, Former Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Colleen Barry, PhD, Professor, Health Policy and Management
2015-2016 seminar titles include:
- Health Care Innovation in Maryland and Beyond: A Conversation with Stephen Cha, MD and Congressman Henry A. Waxman
- September 14, 2016 10:30 – Noon in Sheldon Hall (W1214)
- The Affordable Care Act at Six: Impact and Next Steps
- March 23, 2016 12:15 – 1:45 p.m. in Sheldon Hall (W1214)
- The Paris Agreement on Climate Change: Public Health in the Balance
- January 21, 2016 Noon – 1:30 p.m. in Sommer Hall (E2014)
- Can We Do What It Takes to Eliminate the Tobacco Epidemic?
- December 16, 2015 Noon – 1:30 p.m. in Feinstone Hall (E2030)
- Constructing and Evaluating Public Policies to Achieve an End of HIV/AIDS in the United States
- November 18, 2015 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Seminar in Sheldon Hall (W1214)
- Closing the Mental Health and Addiction Treatment Gap through Policy
- October 21, 2015 Noon - 1:30 p.m. in Sheldon Hall (W1214)
- Aging and Disability in America: The Role of the Federal Government in Long-Term Services and Supports
- September 10, 2015 Noon – 1:30 p.m. in Sheldon Hall (W1214)
- Medicare at 50: Achievements and Challenges Moving Forward
- July 22, 2015 Noon – 1:30 p.m. in Sheldon Hall (W1214)
For more information, contact Susan Murrow, (410) 955-7624.
The Bloomberg School and the Department of HPM wish to thank Frances Hanckel, DSc ’85, whose generous gift makes the Centennial Policy Scholar program possible.
The Senior Policy Scholar program in the Department of Health Policy and Management invites a former member of the U.S. Congress, cabinet-level official or governor to come to the Bloomberg School of Public Health for a year-long residence to interact with, teach and share their policy experiences with our students, faculty and others in the Hopkins community.