Skip Navigation



The Bloomberg School requires official academic records, transcripts, or mark sheets from all colleges, universities, graduate, or professional schools attended.


Applicants to the Schoolwide Master of Public Health apply through SOPHAS and should see the application instructions specific to them.


All other degree and certificate applications (those for the MHA, MHS, MPP, MSPH, ScM, PhD, DrPH, ScD, various certificates, and Residencies - including the dual Residency/MPH) are processed through Admissions Services.

Please carefully review the instructions below.

Transcripts from U.S. Institutions

Please request your institution(s) to send your domestic transcripts directly to Admissions Services at the address below.  If you have the transcripts sent to you, DO NOT OPEN THEM.  They need to be mailed to our office and must arrive in a sealed envelope, signed/stamped across the seal by the proper authority.  

Again, applicants to the Schoolwide MPH apply through SOPHAS and a different procedure should be followed.

Admission Services mailing address:
Admission Services
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg 
School of Public Health
615 N. Wolfe Street, E1002
Baltimore, MD 21205-2179

Some institutions offer secure electronic delivery of transcripts. This is also acceptable. Have your institution email login information to Please note: such a delivery system is not the same as a copy sent by email attachment. Emailed attachments are not considered official.

If the last name on the transcript differs from the last name on your application, please be sure to notify our office immediately.

Study Abroad Transcripts

If you are a domestic student and your courses, grades and credits from your study abroad program appear on your home school's official transcript, you do not need to submit a transcript from your study abroad institution.

If your home school's transcript does not provide this information and the courses you took were limited to two semesters, you will need to request an official transcript from your study abroad institution. This transcript need not be evaluated by a credentials agency.

If you took courses for more than one year (two semesters) abroad and the information does not appear on your home school's transcript, then we will require an evaluated transcript from your study abroad institution.

Transcripts from International Institutions

If you are an international student or a U.S. student who has studied internationally, your international academic records must undergo a credentials evaluation. More information may be found on our International Applicant page.