Application requirements vary by department, degree and sometimes degree track.
If you're applying to a degree program, you'll need to submit the following with your online application.
- Official transcripts from all college-level institutions you've attended, regardless of number of credits earned or if the grades appear on your home institution's transcript. International academic records must have a credentials evaluation.
- GRE or other appropriate standardized test score
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (if relevant)
To review the specific requirements for your program, see our:
Those applying from outside the United States, should see our international applicant page for additional information regarding credentials evaluations, English proficiency tests and the visa process.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Applications
After receiving a fellowship offer, postdoctoral applicants must complete an online application and submit the appropriate supporting materials. Each department's requirements are a little different, so postdoctoral applicants should review the application requirements chart carefully. All postdocs are required to submit transcripts showing the completion and award of their doctoral degree.
For requirements specific to your department, see our Application Requirements Chart.