As more and more students are applying to our PhD programs with the December 1 deadline approaching, we’ve been fielding a lot of questions on students not being able to find a few particular PhD programs in the list of many programs in SOPHAS. Here are some specific instructions for the following three programs:
- PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- PhD in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
- PhD in Environmental Health Sciences – track in Toxicology, Physiology & Molecular Mechanisms
Students applying to the above three programs should choose the PhD in Biomedical Sciences in Public Health as the degree designation in SOPHAS. The Biomedical Sciences in Public Health is an application gateway for the three programs and allows students to apply to more than one degree without multiple application fees.
Once students have selected the PhD in Biomedical Sciences, applicants will select the degree(s) to which they are interested in applying in the “additional questions” section of the application. Admissions decisions will be made separately by each degree program. In the personal statement, applicants should clearly express why they are interested in applying to the selected program(s).
To find the program in the listings, please use one or more of the following searchable SOPHAS designations:
- Institution: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Degree: PhD
- Program Name: Biomedical Sciences in Public Health
- Program Type: Biomedical Sciences