First & Foremost
Stepping Down After 12 Years As Dean
I am writing to inform you that, effective June 30, 2017, I will step down as Dean of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. It is always difficult to make such a decision but both President Ron Daniels and I agree that, given the incredibly strong position of our School, now is the time to make this transition. Continue Reading
More from the Dean
As a proud alumnus of the Bloomberg School,
I am honored to serve as Dean of the #1 school of public health.
In partnership with a great leadership team, I have dedicated over 10 years to making it an outstanding place to carry out groundbreaking research as well as teach, study and practice public health. Our current priorities for the School are to:
- increase student scholarship support,
- expand affordable online learning opportunities,
- secure more funding for faculty to conduct research,
- enhance engagement with the Baltimore community, and
- strengthen public health academic and practice infrastructure worldwide.
Every decision made here and abroad connects to the School’s central mission: Protecting Health, Saving Lives—Millions at a Time.
Michael J. Klag, MD, MPH '87
Learn about the Dean's lifelong work