Preventing Child Sexual Abuse Before It Begins
Moore Center Headlines
- Juvenile Justice Information Exchange: Young sex offenders shouldn't have to register; It's ineffective and hurts everyone around them
- Press Release: Children on sex offender registries at greater risk for suicide attempts, study suggests
- Post-Crescent: Are Halloween restrictions on sex offenders useful or useless?
- QCOnline: Beware holiday that scares adults
- Post and Courier: Should minors convicted of certain sex crimes be required to register as offenders for life? S.C. supreme court rules yes as attorneys, researchers cast doubts
- Psychology Today: Should children register as sex offenders?
- CBS News: Childhood sex abuse could accelerate puberty in girls, study finds
- 7News: Issues in dealing with children who abuse
- Sky News: Not all child abusers are monsters: experts
- New York Times: Punishment that Doesn't Fit the Crime
- The Hill: Marking Kids for Life on Sex Offender Registries
- Pacific Standard: What's the Real Rate of Sex Crime Recidivism?
- Slate: What's Wrong with the Brock Turner Sentence?
- WYPR's Midday with Sheilah Kast: Reforming the Sex Offender Registry
- Maryland Reporter: State Roundup - May 12, 2016
- The New Yorker: The List
- Pacific Standard: Are We Properly Dealing with Young Sex Offenders?
- Rising to the Challenge: The Campaign for Johns Hopkins: To Serve and Prevent
- Stateline: States Slowly Scale Back Juvenile Sex Offender Registries
- Reuters: Tide Turns Against U.S. Residency Restrictions on Sex Offenders
- Psychology Today: Sympathy for the Deviant
- Baltimore Sun: Study of Baltimore County: Fewer Sex Offenses Reported in Neighborhoods with More Registered Sex Offenders
- Upworthy: A Protective Treatment Program for Pedophiles in Germany is Raising Some Eyebrows
- Fox 45 Baltimore: Ryan T. Shields is interviewed regarding a juvenile charged with assault
- Baltimore Business Journal: People on the Move - Stephen Moore, MD, MPH, Appointed to JHSPH Health Advisory Board
- Washington Post: The Jared Fogel Case: Why We Understand So Little About Child Sexual Abuse
- Press Release: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Welcomes New Health Advisory Board Chair
- Newsweek: The Hunt for Child Sex Abusers is Happening in the Wrong Places
- Freakonomics Radio: Making Sex Offenders Pay - and Pay and Pay and Pay
- Secrets and Realities of US Child Abuse - NPR's On Point with Tom Ashbrook
- 10 Firsts in 10 Decades - Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Featured in the Observador (Portuguese newspaper) about sex offender registries in Portugal
- Pennsylvania's Juvenile Sex Offender Registry is Unconstitutional, State Supreme Court Rules
- This Woman is Trying to Stop Sex Offenders by Helping Them
- Studies, Experts Question Effect of Placing Children on Sex Offender Registries
At the Moore Center for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse, our team conducts original scholarly research and policy analysis to determine best-practice approaches to preventing child sexual abuse using a public health model.
The mission of the Moore Center is to support and conduct research that betters our understanding of child sexual abuse, educate policymakers and the public, and cultivate partnerships with organizations to develop proven strategies that prevent child sexual abuse.