Moore Center Annual Symposium
Child Sexual Abuse:
A Public Health Perspective Symposium 2015
Our third annual symposium took place April 17, 2015. Over 500 in-person and on-line attendants were present to hear our speakers and panel discussion. Highlights this year included findings from research projects completed by the Moore Center team as well as lectures by world renowned child sexual abuse specialists. See our playlist from the symposium below. To watch all our videos from the 2015 symposium, please click here.
To jump to an excerpt, select it from the "Playlist" menu in the upper left corner of the video.
Our 2015 speakers included journalist Luke Malone, who produced an award-winning radio story for This American Life and a companion piece for Matter magazine. Malone has also written for outlets including The Atlantic, The Daily Beast, Salon, Vocativ and The Sydney Morning Herald.
Our keynote speaker was Catherine Pierce, Senior Advisor, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
- Dani Fallin, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Mental Health, JHSPH
- Candice Feiring, Ph.D., Senior Research Scholar, The College of New Jersey
- Tamar Mendelson, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Mental Health, JHSPH
- Andrew Harris, Ph.D., Associate Dean for Research & Graduate Programs, College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Massachusetts – Lowell
- Steve Moore, M.D, M.PH., ‘93, President and CEO, CarDon & Associates, Inc. Founding donor of the Moore Center for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Cindy Schaeffer, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Medical University of South Carolina
- Ryan T. Shields, Ph.D., Assistant Scientist, Moore Center for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse, Department of Mental Health, JHSPH
2015 Symposium Resources and Information