Resources from the MAR-PHTC Johns Hopkins CBTP
External Public Health Training Resources
- MCH Navigator - A learning portal that links individuals to existing open-access training, organized in areas consistent with nationally-endorsed public health and Maternal and Child Health (MCH) leadership competencies
- Orientation to Public Health - Offered by the New York New Jersey Public Health Training Center
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Grand Rounds - Public Health Grand Rounds.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Atlantic Training Center Courses - Hosted by the Office of Public Health Practice at the Rutgers School of Public Health.
- Public Health Learning - A free, public-accessible learning management system (LMS), where you can assess yourself on key professional competencies (core public health, leadership, emergency preparedness, and others), and find appropriate training opportunities offered by Illinois Public Health Preparedness Center (IPHPC), Mid-America Public Health Training Center, and outside partner organizations.
- National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NCCPHT) - A partnership of the National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI), 10 regional training centers, and 40 local performance sites including the JH LPS and offering high-quality training, tools, and resources for public health professionals.
- Partners in Information Access for Public Health Workforce - Helping the public health workforce find and use information effectively to improve and protect the public's health.
- Outbreak at WatersEdge - A public health discovery game for high school and college students.
- Epidemic! A game about public health careers from the creators of Outbreak at WatersEdge.
- Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE) - Center for Online Resources and Education (CORE), a dedicated source for continuing education and skills in demand by today’s employers in public health education and promotion. Includes webinars, annual meeting webcasts, journal self-studies, and more. CHES credits available for a fee.
- TRAIN - A free service of the Public Health Foundation, TRAIN provides trainings for professionals who protect the public's health.
- CDC Learning Connection - A source for information about public health training developed by Centers for Disease Control (CDC), CDC partners, and other federal agencies, including many that offer free continuing education (CE). The Learning Connection website is augmented by social media, and an e-newsletter to keep you informed about training opportunities.
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health OpenCourseWare - Provides access to content of the School's most popular courses.
- National Environmental Health Association e-Learning - Provides Environmental Health Professionals worldwide with access to valuable information from experts in the field.
- NIH Curriculum Supplement Series - The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Curriculum Supplement Series was designed for educators (grades K through 12) to promote inquiry-based learning and to stimulate student's interest in health and science.
- Public Health Perspectives - A podcast series targeted towards strengthening the future public health workforce presented by the Journal for Public Health Management and Practice.
- JPHMP Direct TALK - A podcast series that explores the many voices of public health, with conversations that bridge the gap between research and practice, presented by the Journal for Public Health Management and Practice.
Public Health Information Databases
- Healthfinder.gov - Offers resources on a wide range of health topics selected from approximately 1,400 government and non-profit organizations to bring you the best, most reliable health information on the Internet, from the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- HRSA Data Warehouse - Provided by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the HDW provides maps, data, reports and dashboard to the public from more than 30 HRSA and other federal government sources. Incorporates the HRSA Geospatial Data Warehouse.
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce - A collaboration of U.S. government agencies, public health organizations, and health sciences libraries which provides timely, convenient access to selected public health resources on the Internet.
- Public Health Information & Data Tutorial - Online instruction on how to retrieve statistical information and access data sets relevant to public health from the Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce.
- National Center for Health and Statistics - The mission of the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) of the CDC is to provide statistical information that will guide actions and policies to improve the health of the American people.
- National Library of Medicine - Part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the NLM maintains and makes available print and electronic information resources on a wide range of topics.
- National Public Health Performance Standards Program - The NPHPS of the CDC provide a framework to assess capacity and performance of public health systems and public health governing bodies.
Public Health Organizations
- American Public Health Association (and the American Journal of Public Health) - Champions the health of all people and all communities, strengthens the public health profession, and speaks out for public health issues and policies backed by science.
- Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health - The voice of accredited academic public health, representing schools and programs accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials - The national nonprofit organization representing public health agencies in the United States, the U.S. Territories, and the District of Columbia, and over 100,000 public health professionals these agencies employ.
- National Association of County and City Health Officials - Made up of nearly 3,000 local health departments across the United States.
- National Association of Local Boards of Health - Informs, guides, and serves as the national voice for boards of health.
- Public Health Accreditation Board - A nonprofit organization dedicated to improving and protecting the health of the public by advancing and ultimately transforming the quality and performance of state, local, tribal, and territorial public health departments.
- Public Health Foundation - A private non-profit organization based in Washington, DC which improves the public’s health by strengthening the quality and performance of public health practice.
- Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE) - A nonprofit professional association that represents a diverse membership of nearly 4,000 health education professionals and students in the United States and 25 international countries.