This training is focused on developing and strengthening the skills needed to conduct community assessment and formative evaluation activities. Partnerships and relationships are fundamental to the process and critical in the formative stages of developing effective programs to address community needs. Comprehensive assessments also identify and build on a community’s strengths.
In this session, training participants will learn to:
- Describe the community assessment process;
- Identify types of data that can be used to assess the needs and assets of a community;
- Discuss the quantitative and qualitative methods of assessment;
- Analyze findings to determine community needs and assets;
- Introduce the role of formative evaluation in clarifying or refining information from the assessment.