March 17, 2010
(Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore MD)
MidAtlantic Public Health Training Center
General Preventive Medicine Residency
Dr. Kevin Frick
Professor Department of Health Policy and Management
Director of the Interdepartmental Health Economics Program
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Health Services Cost Review Commission in Maryland
|Dr. Kevin Fick Discusses:|
- What exactly is health economics?
- What are the many types of cost studies?
- How could we apply these types of studies to the study of a particular intervention?
|Click here to download a copy of Dr. Fick's PowerPoint|
|Robert Murray Discusses:|
- Steps in developing economic policies to reduce health care costs and improve quality
- Role of government to address market failure
- How the Maryland all-payer hospital rate setting system is uniquely able to promote “value for money”
|Click here to download a copy of Mr. Murray's PowerPoint|