Community Scholars Grant Program
2019-2020 Community Scholars Grantees
The Lerner Center for Public Health Promotion is proud to announce the following 2019-2020 Lerner Center Community Scholars Grantees:
- Jennifer Kirschner and Allison West – Knit to Quit & Stay Quit at Baltimore City Treatment Programs
- Michelle Suazo and Nina Martin – The Food Project
- Jummai Apata and Joanna Cohen – CEASE with Mondays
- Michael J. Wilson and Susan Gross – The Impact of Waivers on Summer Meal Participation in Maryland
Awarded teams are comprised of a JHSPH faculty member and a community scholar, representing a community-based organization.
Past Community Scholars Grantees
- Marybeth Moran and Karin Tobin – Using Photovoice to Explore the Back on My Feet Community and Impacts on Mental and Physical Health and Stigma
- Tim Regan and Joel Gittelsohn – Pilot Trial to Test the Feasibility of Interventions to Improve Healthful Food Availability in Baltimore Food Pantries
Details on upcoming funding opportunities will be promoted on this site and throughout JHSPH. For additional information about this program or these projects, please contact Meghan Ames, Community Program Manager.