Burden of Road Traffic Injury in Cameroon
Did You Know?
Impact of our work
Initiated Ministry's data collection
Road traffic injuries are a major cause of death and disability in sub-Saharan Africa, including Cameroon.
In Cameroon, like the rest of the region, more data on RTI patterns and outcomes are needed to improve treatment and prevention.
To study the burden of injury in Yaounde, the capital city, we developed and implemented a hospital injury surveillance system that, after completion, resulted in the Ministry of Health's collection of key data.
- Socioeconomic correlates of trauma: An analysis of emergency ward patients in Yaounde, Cameroon.
- Epidemiology and cost of pediatric injury in Yaounde, Cameroon: a prospective study
- Exploring data sources for road traffic in Cameroon: Collection and completeness of police records, newspaper reports, and a hospital trauma registry.
- Road traffic injuries in Yaounde, Cameroon: A hospital-based pilot surveillance study.
- To study the burden of injury in the capital of Cameroon through the development and implementation of a hospital injury surveillance system
- Completed successfully - Ministry of Health engaged in collection of data