Due to low enrollment this conference has been cancelled.
PESA Spring Conference
June 20, 2019
8:15 am - 2:30 pm
- Vaping: Is it Healthier than Cigarettes?
- Dr. Ana Rule, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Marijuana and Other Drugs in the Workplace
- Dr. Stephen Fisher, Chesapeake Employers Insurance Company
- Active Shooter
- Joshua Shoffstall, Harford County Aberdeen Police Department SWAT
- Detective Sergeant Thaddeus Tomlinson, Harford County Aberdeen Police Department SWAT
- Stop the Bleed Exercise
- The Public Employees Safety Association of Maryland (More info about PESA)
- The Johns Hopkins Education and Research Center for Occupational Safety and Health
- Chesapeake Employers Insurance Company
- Maryland State Highway Administration
Barkman Kaiser Public Safety Complex
Laurel Police Dept. Partnership Hall
811 5th Street, Laurel, MD 2070
Who Should Attend
- City, County and State Employees
- Building Managers
- Risk Managers
- Safety Officers
- Department Heads
- Fire & Police Personnel
- Public Works Employees
- Human Resources
- Team Leaders
$30.00. Continental breakfast and lunch is included.
The Public Employees Safety Association was established by public employees and recognized by the Governor of Maryland in 1967 as a nonprofit organization for employees of the state and subdivisions. The objective of the organization is to promote health and safety through accident prevention programs, professional meetings, and group discussions of mutual safety and health concerns, and to conduct education and training programs on accident prevention for the purpose of reducing personal injuries and illness.
PESA sponsors conferences throughout the year on a variety of topics that are directed toward public sector operations and issues. PESA strives to keep an active, diverse membership to meet the public sector needs.
Connect to the PESA Linkedin page
Please contact Keith at the Johns Hopkins ERC Continuing Education Program:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Early registration is encouraged, as space is limited.
* Registration includes a continental breakfast and lunch. Please inform us of any special dietary needs.
* Please inform us of any special dietary needs.
Refundable cancellations must be requested at least 48 hours in advance.