Opioids in the Maryland Workplace:
Challenges and Solutions
Monday, November 5, 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Download the Program with agenda and speaker bios.
- Free. Please register here online.
- Maryland Department of Health
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
- Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Johns Hopkins Education and Research Center for Occupational Safety and Health
- University of Maryland Occupational Medicine Program
- Describe strategies Maryland businesses and agencies are using to address opioids in the workplace
- Discuss innovative, evidence-based approaches to the management of opioids in the workplace
- Present tools to assist Maryland businesses in the management of opioids in the workplace and workforce
- Download the Program with agenda and speaker bios.
|8:30 a.m.||Registration Check-in and Continental Breakfast|
Ellen J. MacKenzie, PhD, Dean, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Clifford S. Mitchell, MS, MD, MPH, Director, Environmental Health Bureau, Maryland Department of Health
The Honorable Kelly M. Schulz, Secretary, Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
Panel 1: Defining the Problem — Medical, Legal, Ethical, Fiscal, Regulatory Issues
Moderator: Darrell VanDeusen, Esq., Kollman & Saucier, P.A.
Panel 2: Emerging Trends and Innovations
Moderator: Marianne Cloeren, MD, MPH, University of Maryland School of Medicine
|12:10 p.m.||Lunch (provided)|
Breakout Groups (Feinstone Hall, W7023, W2015)
Participants will be assigned to breakout groups. Each group will have a cross-section of disciplines and will address the following questions:
1:30 p.m. What are the most important challenges/barriers to optimal
2:00 p.m. What are the most important/significant opportunities or best
2:30 p.m. Rank and order priorities
|3:00 p.m.||Breakout Group Reports|
|3:45 p.m.||Wrap-Up and Next Steps|
Please contact Mary Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-955-0423.