A collaboration among the Bloomberg School of Public Health,
the School of Medicine, and the School of Nursing.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Women's Health, Sex, and Gender Research (previously the Women's Health Research Group) is an interdisciplinary collaborative research group, among the Schools of Medicine, Public Health, and Nursing at The Johns Hopkins University
* Wendy Bennett, Co-director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Women's Health, Sex, and Gender Research, discusses how the group was formed and our unique interdisciplinary mission for women's health.
Wendy Bennett, M.D., M.P.H
Co-chair, Johns Hopkins Center for Women's Health, Sex, and Gender Research
Diabetes, obesity, preventive medicine, women's health, internal medicine
Sabra Klein, PhD
Sex-based biology, influenza, vaccines, malaria, endocrine-immunology
1. NIH-sponsored contract focused on sex-specific evaluation of diverse universal flu vaccine platforms
Joann Bodurtha, M.D., M.P.H
Genetics and public health, communication in genetics, family history, genetic services access and disparities, quality of life in genetic conditions
1. Quality improvement in genetic services
Andrew Satin, M.D.
Dr. Dorothy Edwads Professor and Director of Gynecology and Obstetrics,
Labor stimulation, exercise in pregnancy, simulation and safety sciences
PI- Strong Start for Mothers and Babies
Victoria Handa, M.D.
Epidemiology, pelvic floor disorders (incontinence, prolapse), maternal health after childbirth, quality of life and patient-centered outcomes
1. Cesarean and vaginal birth: cohort study of the impact on pelvic floor disorders (R01HD056275)
Janice Evans, PhD
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Reproductive biology, specifically the oocyte's progression through meiosis; cell biology; cytoskeleton, egg, sperm, meiosis, contraception, infertility
- Mackenzie ACL, Kyle DD, McGinnis LA, Lee HJ, Aldana N, Robinson DN, Evans JP. Cortical mechanics and myosin-II abnormalities associated with post-ovulatory aging: Implications for functional defects in aged eggs. Mol Hum Reprod 2016; 22:397-409.