The Johns Hopkins Center for Injury Research and Policy is a collaborative of injury prevention experts who conduct innovative research, teach today's practitioners and tomorrow's leaders, and translate discoveries into effective solutions to the devastating and costly problem of injuries in our society.
To live in a society that is safe, where all people are free from the burden of life-altering injuries.
- Freedom from the burden of injury is a key to health.
- Our commitment to scientific excellence and integrity is unwavering.
- We are united in the goal of eliminating health inequities and disparities.
- We teach tomorrow's leaders.
- Our work addresses both intentional and unintentional injuries.
- Our work reflects the full spectrum of intervention points, from prevention to acute care and rehabilitation.
- Collaboration sparks transformative discoveries.
- A multidisciplinary approach yields the most effective solutions to injury problems.
- We translate scientific research to support the development of effective programs and policies.
To learn more about our Center and explore examples of how our research has changed practice and policy, please download our Center brochure. Explore a one-pager that provides an overview of who we are and what we do. To see our highlighted milestones and accomplishments over our first 25 years, explore our visual timeline.
For three decades, the Johns Hopkins Center for Injury Research and Policy has played a key role in redefining injury as a pressing public health problem and promoting injury research as a scientific discipline.
Since its inception, the Johns Hopkins Center for Injury Research and Policy has received core funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Center is dedicated to closing the gap between injury research and practice to reduce and prevent the fires, poisonings, drownings, car crashes, domestic violence, and other causes of injury that lead to devastating and costly results.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Injury Research and Policy is one of the largest injury research and educational programs in the world, and is comprised of a team of scientists, teachers, and practitioners. The Center is an academic collaborative made up of a multi-disciplinary group of faculty, staff, and students.