Power and sample size software
- PS is a free interactive program for performing power and sample size calculations that may be downloaded for free. It can be used for studies with dichotomous, continuous, or survival response measures.
- G*Power is a free tool to compute statistical power analyses for many different t tests, F tests, χ2 tests, z tests and some exact tests. G*Power can also be used to compute effect sizes and to display graphically the results of power analyses.
- PASS is one of several sample size software packages for clinical trial, pharmaceutical, medical, and many other research areas (purchase required)
- STATA, SAS, SPSS and R have sample size/power calculation capability at varying levels.
- IDRE at UCLA: IDRE provides extensive information on setting up data analyses and interpreting the analyses for STATA, SAS, SPSS and R. Often when searching for information on how to run or interpret an analysis, a link to information from IDRE will appear in the search.
- VASSAR Stats: VASSAR Stats is a free web-based calculator for performing many simple statistical analyses.
- R: R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics.
- SAS: SAS is a software suite developed by SAS Institute for advanced analytics, multivariate analyses, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics. Depending on the product, purchase of a license may be required.
- SPSS: SPSS Statistics is a software package used for interactive, or batched, statistical analysis. Depending on the product, purchase of a license may be required.
- STATA: STATA is an integrated data analysis and statistical/graphics software package. Purchase of a license is required.
- REDCap Tutorials: REDCap is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases.
- REDCap Library: The REDCap Shared Library is a repository for REDCap data collection instruments and forms that can be downloaded and used by researchers at REDCap partner institutions