International Center for Maternal and Newborn Health
News & Events
- The New York Times on Simplified Antibiotic Use for Newborns Outside Hospitals
- NPR Shots on Simple Approaches to Saving the World's Babies
- Simplified Antibiotic Therapy Trial (SATT) Results Revealed
- Saving Newborn Lives
- Saving Mothers and Newborns by Empowering Community Workers: Lessons from Bangladesh, Application Nationwide in Tanzania
- Saving the World's Babies Simply Starts Before Birth
- Maternal Genitourinary Infections and Adverse Perinatal Outcomes (MIST)
Developing evidence-based practices to save lives at birth.
Since 1990, the world has made remarkable progress toward the halving of maternal deaths and deaths in children under 5. Yet the childbirth and newborn periods remain a time of incredible vulnerability.
About 2 out of 3 maternal and newborn deaths occur around childbirth and the first week of life. We have the knowledge and technology to prevent the vast majority of these deaths, but it has been very difficult to make headway.
Learn about our work with Projahnmo and how the lessons learned in Sylhet, Bangladesh provide a powerful approach to reducing the needless deaths of newborns globally.
Video by the Projahnmo Project.