Health Research Challenge for Impact (HRCI)
Accelerating the development and introduction of new, feasible, culturally acceptable, low-cost, interventions to prevent MNCH deaths.
The aim of Health Research Challenge for Impact (HRCI) is to accelerate the development and introduction of new, feasible, culturally acceptable, low-cost, preventive and curative interventions for the main causes of maternal, newborn and child deaths.
- Verbal and Social Autopsy Study (VASA): A Verbal/Social Autopsy Study to Improve Estimates of the Causes and Determinants of Neonatal and Child Mortality in Nigeria
- Development of Community Based Programs: A Learning Agenda for the Development of Community Based Programs in Tanzania: Towards the Development of a Community Health Worker (CHW) Cadre
- Evaluation of an Integrated Maternal and Newborn Health Care Program: Monitoring, documentation and evaluation of an Integrated Maternal and Newborn Health Care Program in Morogoro Region, Tanzania
- Simplified Antibiotic Treatment (SAT): Safety and Efficacy of Simplified Antibiotic (SAT) Regimens for Outpatient Treatment of Suspected Severe Infections in Neonates and Young Infants (Bangladesh)
- Pneumonia Etiology Research for Child Health (PERCH): The Care and Treatment of Severe Pneumonia in HIV-exposed and Infected Children (Zambia)
- Testing Mental Health Treatment: Development and Testing of Evidence-based Mental Health Treatment for Affected Zambian Youth
- Sanitation Hygiene Infant Nutrition Efficacy (SHINE): Sub-study with the Sanitation Hygiene Infant Nutrition Efficacy (SHINE) Trial Characterizing Pregnancy Exposure to Multiple Mycotoxins and its Relation to Birth Outcomes (Zimbabwe)
- Reproductive Age Mortality Study (RAMOS II): Repeat Reproductive Age Mortality Study (RAMOS II) in Afghanistan
- Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, Family Planning and Nutrition Programs: Best practices, capacity-building and leadership for Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, Family Planning and Nutrition Programs in Bangladesh
- Non-communicable Disease and Injuries: Development of a Computer Modeling Program
- USAID Meeting on Child Injury
- Implementation Research and Delivery Science (IRDS)
- Child Injury in Ethiopia: Planning activity for confronting the burden of child injuries in Ethiopia
- Care Seeking for Newborn and/or Maternal Complications: Systematic Documentation of Community-oriented Approaches to Improve Recognition of and Appropriate Care Seeking for Newborn and/or Maternal Complications in Sarlahi District, Nepal
Health Research Challenge for Impact (HRCI) is supported by USAID through a Leader with Associates (LWA) Cooperative Agreement (#GHS-A-00-09-00004-00) to Johns Hopkins University.