The Institute provides research and field experience opportunities for undergraduate, masters and doctoral students interested in global tobacco control. Faculty within IGTC have worked with students to provide mentoring support for projects related to undergraduate honors theses, MPH Capstone projects and Practica, MPH Field Experience Awards and doctoral dissertation projects. Students with in-depth experience in global tobacco control also contribute to coursework offered by IGTC by working in teaching assistant positions.
- Design and launch a refresher campaign for the JHSPH Tobacco-Free Initiative. Contact: Nasozi Kakembo, email@example.com
- Support data management and analysis, as well as study design and implementation activities, for content and effect of e-cigarette marketing. Contact: Dr. Meghan Moran, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide research support with data collection efforts in Indonesia. Contact: Naseeb Kibria, email@example.com
- Review literature and compliance studies from Ukraine. Contact: Dr. Connie Hoe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conduct a qualitative exploration of tobacco control policy enforcement in China, India, Indonesia, and Pakistan. Contact: Dr. Connie Hoe, email@example.com
- Assist in data entry for cigarette packs collected in South Korea. Contact: Michael Iacobelli, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Assistantships, practica, capstones, theses, and dissertations. Contact: email@example.com
JHSPH students can contact IGTC to schedule informational interviews.