Eligibility and Obligations
Prospective applicants from low- and middle-income countries must meet the following program requirements to apply for an IGTC Scholarship:
- Be from a low- and middle-income country as defined by the World Bank
- Fluently speak, read, and understand English and be able to actively participate in a very fast-paced English-only academic program
- Have a college/university degree with a strong record of successful academic performance
- Have evidence of training in statistics or biostatistics
- Be professionally involved in tobacco control and planning to continue to work in tobacco control
- Can certify that he/she has never been the recipient of financial support from any tobacco product manufacturer or the parent, subsidiary or affiliate of a tobacco product manufacturer.
- Review and verify he/she has the technical capacity for the CoursePlus computing requirements.
Prospective applicants from the US and other high-income countries are not eligible for the IGTC Scholarship; however, they are welcome to apply for the Certificate Program and complete it at their own cost. Please note the OPAL Scholarship is provided to all accepted applicants and covers one-third of the usual tuition cost. For more information on applying to the Certificate Program without the IGTC Scholarship, please visit the website.
IGTC Scholarship applicants must meet the following obligations:
- Submit all scholarship application materials by January 15, 2021.
- Successfully complete an interview conducted in English, if requested.
- Complete an academic credential evaluation process by June 2021.
- Complete the Introduction to Online Learning (IOL) course before the first course.
- Complete the eight online courses sequentially from September 2021 to May 2022.
- To receive the IGTC Scholarship each term, awardees must receive course grades no lower than a ‘B’. Awardees that receive a ‘C’ or worse will no longer receive the IGTC Scholarship. Those who are still eligible and wish to continue the Certificate Program may do so at their own expense.