Scientific Publications and Reports
Undocumented U.S. immigrants and COVID-19. Kathleen Page, Maya Venkataramani, Chris Beyrer, Sarah Polk.
Evaluating the vertical HIV transmission risks among South African female sex workers; have we forgotten PMTCT in their HIV programming? Jean Olivier Twahirwa Rwema, Stefan Baral, Sosthenes Ketende, Nancy Phaswana-Mafuya, Andrew Lambert, Zamakayise Kose, Mfezi Mcingana, Amrita Rao, Harry Hausler, Sheree Schwartz.
HIV incidence, pregnancy, and implementation outcomes from the Sakh'umndeni safer conception project in South Africa: a prospective cohort study. Sheree R Schwartz, Jean Bassett, Lillian Mutunga, Nompumelelo Yende, Mutsa Mudavanhu, Rebecca Phofa, Ian Sanne, Annelies Van Rie.
Polyvictimization Among Russian Sex Workers: Intimate Partner, Police, and Pimp Violence Cluster With Client Violence. Sarah M. Peitzmeier, Andrea L. Wirtz, Chris Beyrer, Alena Peryshkina, Susan G. Sherman, Elizabeth Colantuoni, Michele R. Decker.
The food security and nutrition crisis in Venezuela. Shannon Doocy, Mija-Tesse Ververs, Paul Spiegel, Chris Beyrer.
"We are not gays… don't tell me those things": engaging 'hidden' men who have sex with men and transgender women in HIV prevention in Myanmar. Veronese V, Clouse E; Wirtz AL; Kaung Htet Thu; Soe Naing; Baral SD; Stoové M; Beyrer, C.
Lifetime prevalence, correlates and health consequences of gender-based violence victimisation and perpetration among men and women in Somalia Andrea L. Wirtz, Nancy A. Perrin, Amelie Desgroppes, Verena Phipps, Ali A Abdi, Brendan Ross, Francesco Kaburu, Isatu Kajue, Ezekiel Kutto, Eri Taniguchi, & Nancy Glass
The global response and unmet actions for HIV and sex workers. Shannon K, Crago A-L, Baral S, Bekker L-G, Kerrigan D, Decker MR, Poteat T, Wirtz AL, Weir B, Boily M-C, Butler J, Strathdee SA, Beyer C
- HIV and Viral Hepatitis Among Imprisoned Key Populations Andrea L. Wirtz, Ping T. Yeh, Natalie L. Flath, Chris Beyrer, Kate Dolan
- Gender-Based Violence Against Transgender People in the United States: A Call for Research and Programming Andrea L. Wirtz, Tonia C. Poteat, Mannat Malik, Nancy Glass
- The expanding epidemic of HIV-1 in the Russian Federation Chris Beyrer, Andrea L. Wirtz, Nolwenn Leon, Michel Kazatchkine
- Further advances in HIV Prevention, Treatment and Cure: more from PLOS Medicine's special issue
- The Science of Durban, AIDS 2016
Chris Beyrer, Olive Shisana, Stefan D. Baral, Koleka Milsana, Kenneth H. Mayer, Anton Pozniak, Bruce D. Walker, Souleymane Mboup, Annette H. Sohn, David Serwadda, Helen Rees, Sergii Dvoriak, Mitchell Warren, Safiatou Thiam, Wafaa M. El-Sadr, Xavier Hospital, Owen Ryan, Nicholas Thomson, Linda-Gail Bekker
- The Parasol Protocol: An Implementation Science Study of HIV Continuum of Care Interventions for Gay Men and Transgender Women in Burma/Myanmar
Andrea L. Wirtz, Soe Naing, Emily Clouse, Kaung Htet Thu, Sandra Hsu Hnin Mon, Zin Min Tun, Stefan Baral, Aung Zayar Paing, Chris Beyrer
- Correspondence: The revised US refugee ban, health, and security. (The Lancet, 10 March 2017)
Leonard Rubenstein, Paul Spiegel
- Sexual Identity, Stigma, and Depression: the Role of the “Anti-gay Propaganda Law” in Mental Health among Men Who Have Sex with Men in Moscow, Russia
Emily Hylton, Andrea L. Wirtz, Carla E. Zelaya, Carl Latkin, Alena Peryshkina, Vladmir Mogilnyi, Petr Dzhigun, Irina Kostetskaya, Noya Galai, Chris Beyrer
- Geographical disparities in HIV prevalence and care among men who have sex with men in Malawi: results from a multisite cross-sectional survey
Andrea L. Wirtz, Gift Trapence, Dunker Kamba, Victor Gama, Rodney Chalera, Vincent Jumbe, Rosemary Kumwenda, Marriam Mongochi, Stephane Helleringer, Chris Beyrer, Stefan Baral
- Violence against children in Latin America and Caribbean Countries: a comprehensive review of national health sector efforts in prevention and response
Andrea L. Wirtz, Carmen Alvarez, Alessandra C. Guedes, Luisa Brumana, Cecile Modvar and Nancy Glass
- Comparison of Respondent Driven Sampling Estimators to Determine HIV Prevalence and Population Characteristics among Men Who Have Sex with Men in Moscow, Russia
Andrea L. Wirtz , Shruti H. Mehta, Carl Latkin, Carla E. Zelaya, Noya Galai, Alena Peryshkina, Vladimir Mogilnyi, Petr Dzhigun, Irina Kostetskaya, Chris Beyrer
- The Global Response To HIV in Men Who Have Sex With Men
Chris Beyrer, Stefan D. Baral, Chris Collins, Eugene T. Richardson, Patrick S. Sullivan, Jorge Sanchez, Gift Trapence, Elly Katabira, Michel Kazatchkine, Owen Ryan, Andrea L. Wirtz, Kenneth H. Mayer
- Influence of stigma and homophobia on mental health and on the uptake of HIV/sexually transmissible infection services for Cameroonian men who have sex with men
Charles Cange, Matthew LeBreton, Serge C. Billong, Karen Saylors, Ubald Tamoufe, Erin Papworth, Yves Yomb, Stefan Baral
- Effective Integration of Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV Prevention, Treatment, and Care Services across sub-Saharan Africa: Where is the evidence for program implementation?
- Impunity Remains: Attacks on Health Care in 23 Countries in Conflict
- Reality Makes Our Decisions: Ethical Challenges in Humanitarian Health in Situations of Extreme Violence.
- Gender-based violence among stateless and national populations in Cote d'Ivoire (published January 2, 2018)
- Gender-based violence among stateless and national populations in the Dominican Republic (published January 2, 2018)
- IMPUNITY MUST END: Attacks on Health in 23 Countries in Conflict in 2016 (published May 3, 2017)
- No Protection, No Respect: Health Workers and Health Facilities Under Attack - 2015 and Early 2016
- The Johns Hopkins-Lancet Commission on Public Health and International Drug Policy
- The Lancet Special Series on HIV and sex workers
- The Lancet Special Series on HIV among men who have sex with men
- The Lancet Special Series on HIV in people who use drugs
- The Lancet Special Series on HIV and related infections in prisoners
Photo Credit: Akitunde Akinyele