Through research, we learn about what does and does not work in addressing public health issues.
Research focusing specifically on public health advocacy can also point to the most effective advocacy interventions, the ways in which advocacy partners with science, and advocacy’s role in identifying new areas of inquiry.
The Center for Public Health Advocacy focuses its research on:
- Evaluating advocacy efforts
- Testing advocacy models and frameworks
- Generating research and evaluation activities based on advocacy needs
- Synthesizing and sharing lessons learned in advocacy
- Conducting cognitive, affective, and formative research to inform effective advocacy communication