Below is a summary of the examinations, tests and results of the Former Worker Medical Screening Program at Los Alamos and Sandia National Laboratories, as of May 2017.
Beryllium Lymphocyte Proliferation Test (BeLPT)
*Any former worker with at least one abnormal BeLPT is eligible to file for the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program (EEOICPA) .
- Total Chest X-rays (initial and re-exams) = 3,944
- Chest X-rays showing changes suggestive of asbestos exposure or disease = 633
Spirometry (Breathing) Tests
- Total spirometry tests = 2946
- Spirometry results suggestive of possible work-related disease = 639
Audiograms (Hearing Tests)
- Total Audiograms = 2992
- Audiograms with hearing impairment = 1,634