Need help developing your writing skills? If so, there are a number of classes and resources available to you right on campus—and most of them are free.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Biomedical Communications: An Introduction to Grant Writing, Writing a Research Paper, and Presenting a Scientific Talk (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
The Welch Library offers a variety of helpful resources. All information regarding writing support and research guidelines can be found on their website.
Guides from the Libraries
American Psychological Association. Publication manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition. Washington, DC: APA, 2010
- Multiple copies can be found throughout the Hopkins Libraries: https://catalyst.library.jhu.edu/catalog/bib_3459686
- Also online, tutorials on the APA Style: http://www.apastyle.org/
Hall, George. How to write a paper, 4th edition. London: BMJ Pub. Group, 2008
- Only copy is at the Wilmer Library in the Hospital.
- The 1998 edition is available at the Welch Library (WZ 345 H847 1998)
Harris, Robert. Using sources effectively: strengthening your writing and avoiding plagiarism. Los Angeles: Pyrczak Publishing, 2002
- Lilienfeld Collection -- Stack Level 5, Welch Library (LB2369 .H37 2002)
Huth, Edward. How to write and publish papers in the medical sciences. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1990
- Welch Books - Stack Level 5, Welch Library (WZ 345 H979h 1990)
Mauch, James E., and Jack W. Birch. Guide to the successful thesis and dissertation: conception to publication: a handbook for students and faculty. 4th edition. New York: M. Dekker, 1998
Meyer, Michael. The Little, Brown guide to writing research papers. Boston: Little, Brown, 1985
- Welch Books - Stack Level 5, Welch Library (LB 2369 M613L 1982)
Murrell, George, Christopher Huang, and Harold Ellis. Research in medicine: a guide to writing a thesis in the medical sciences. Cambridge; New York: Cambridge University Press, 1990
- Welch Audiovisual -- Libraries Service Center class="status" (W 20 M984r 1990)