Skip Navigation

Records & Registration

School of Medicine Post-Doctoral Fellows Enrolling in JHSPH Courses

The SOM Post-Doc registration form can be found here.

SOM Post-Docs are limited to 16 credits of JHSPH courses taken for academic credit.

SOM Post-Docs must have instructor permission to enroll as an auditor. Changes to or from Audit will not be accepted after the add/drop deadline for a term.  The academic calendar is available here.

SOM Post-Docs must submit instructor permission to enroll in PH.140.621, 622, 623 or 624 and any other courses which require instructor consent.  Please refer to the JHSPH Course Catalog for specific information regarding course offerings.  Permissions may be obtained by email, printed, and attached to the registration form.

SOM Post-Docs must select a lab section/time for PH.140.621, 622, and 623 (624 does not require a lab). Registrations cannot be processed if no lab section/time is indicated.

SOM Post-Docs are responsible for any course materials/ lab fees in addition to any late registration fees and late change fees. Course materials/ lab fees can be found via the JHSPH Course Catalog  and are listed in the Special Comments section of the course description. A fee of $100 will be assessed for registering after the registration deadline and a fee of $50 will be assessed for making changes after the Add/Drop deadline for each academic term.

The SOM Post Doc tuition benefit can no longer be claimed:

Fees may be paid to the JHSPH Student Accounts Office (Suite W1101) or online here
Failure to pay these fees will result in a financial hold and will prevent future registrations.


Please note that registration is restricted to the regular academic terms.  SOM Post-Docs wishing to take Winter or Summer Institute courses must register as Special Students Limited.

You are no longer eligible for the SOM Post Doc tuition benefit once you matriculate as a JHSPH degree-seeking student, a certificate student, or a Special Student Limited.  Information regarding tuition and fees is available here. Please contact the Office of Records and Registration at with questions about changes in student status.