Process for Requesting Accommodations
After admission and before classes start, students with disabilities are encouraged to contact the office to request the appropriate accommodations.
This applies both to new students and to current/continuing students who are requesting accommodation for the first time.
Here are the steps:
To begin the registration process with Student Disability Services and to establish eligibility for disability related accommodations and services, please complete and submit the SDS Online Registration Form and upload supporting documentation. Once your form and documentation are received, the next step in the process will be to meet with an SDS professional staff member to discuss your needs and potential accommodations. If you have any difficulty providing documentation or need more information about any aspect of the process, please contact Audrey Ndaba at Andaba1@jhu.edu.
Documentation must be from a qualified professional, such as a physician. It is the student's responsibility to provide or pay for the cost of this documentation.
- Please consult the JHU Documentation Guidelines for Individuals with Disabilities, or contact us for further specification. Johns Hopkins University reserves the right to request or require more current or updated documentation.
- Documentation may be submitted to us at any time; however, we ask that you leave a margin of at least three (3) weeks prior to the intended start of the accommodation in order to provide adequate time for review and processing of the request.
- Our office will inform the student of the status of his or her request within five (5) business days from the intended beginning of the accommodation.
- Accommodations take effect upon approval and apply to the remainder of the time for which a student is registered and enrolled at the Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- For questions or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Johns Hopkins University Disability Services Officer, in the Office of Institutional Equity, reviews all documentation for Johns Hopkins University students, and reserves the right to determine the most effective and timely accommodations after consultation with the student.
There are detailed procedures for use of the services and accommodations.
After admission to the Bloomberg School, the student should immediately contact us to discuss the procedures and review any written policies, and also to resolve any disability-related concerns. Certain services may require more advanced planning.