Public Health Applications for Student Experience (PHASE)
PHASE is a non-paid, for-credit internship program.
PHASE is sponsored in partnership with the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
PHASE offers opportunities for Bloomberg School public health graduate students to apply academic knowledge and theory in real-world professional practice settings. The primary goal of PHASE is to enrich Bloomberg School academic degree programs with hands-on public health practice experience.
**Please note due to the COVID-19 Pandemic the structure of the PHASE internship has been reformatted for academic year 20-21**
Key Components of the PHASE Internship for 2020-2021
- A public health practice experience involving an average of 6-10 hours/week spent working virtually with the hosting agency. Please note: if during the course of the internship on-site activities are allowed to resume, the preceptor and student must mutually decide how they wish to proceed in terms of any on-site activities. The student and site must remain in full compliance with current University guidelines on in-person interactions.
- Required attendance at the virtual PHASE orientation.
- Required attendance at virtual check-in meetings once a term with PHASE course faculty (likely Dec 2020, Feb 2021 and April 2021).
- Submission of PHASE Student Monthly Update Reports on the 15th of each month.
- An internship agreement form to be completed with the preceptor.
- A final presentation of the student's experience and lessons learned.
*Required to attend all meetings. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed.
Review Frequently Asked Questions
Applications for the PHASE Internship are currently closed. Please check back in Fall 2021 for more information on the 2021-2022 program.
For more information, please contact April Tong at firstname.lastname@example.org.