Some courses at the Bloomberg School have a real-world practice component, connecting students to outside organizations and agencies.
Descriptions of courses with a practicum component and related information for each can be found on the Practicum Opportunity Site listings or on the online course catalog. Below are links to brief descriptions of the practicum component of the courses as well as a listing of the practicum courses.
- Listing of the JHSPH Courses with an Approved Practicum Component
- Brief Descriptions of the Practicum Component of Courses
- Table of JHSPH Courses with an Approved Practicum Component
- Steps for Completing a Practicum Course
|Course # and Title||Term(s) Offered||Practicum Hours|
|300.615: Tools of Public Health Practice|
Summer or 3rd term (part-time/online students)
|550.864: Baltimore Community Practicum (BCP)||Must take 2nd & 3rd terms||124-220|
|308.851: PHASE (Public Health Applications for Student Experience)||Must take 2nd-4th terms||120-230|
|BU 152.740 & BU 152.745 (Interdivisional): CITYLAB Toolkit & Practicum: Introduction to Urban Social Enterprise|
For a brief description of the practicum component of the course, please review here. Students may complete 152.740 onsite (Baltimore or DC) or online. If completing 152.740 onsite, you must register for the corresponding onsite 152.745 course in the same city.
|1st & 2nd terms, starts Aug 20, 2018|
(Onsite or online)
|120.720.01: Applying Reproductive Biology Literacy Through Service-Learning|
**Prerequisite: 1st term Fundamentals of Reproductive Biology course, 120.620.01**
|300.712.02: Formulating Policy: Strategies and Systems of Policymaking in the 21st Century||2nd term||35|
|305.607: Public Health Practice|
**Must enroll by the first day of class**
|Must take 2nd, 3rd & 4th terms||100|
|305.684: Health Impact Assessment||3rd term||25|
|410.610: Health and Homelessness||3rd term||35|
|380.640 (Course) & 380.840 (Special Studies): Children in Crisis Practicum||Must take 3rd & 4th terms||120|
|410.677.60 & 410.678.60: Theory and Practice in Campaigning and Organizing for Public Health I & II||Must take 3rd & 4th terms||150|
|180.605: Food System Sustainability Practicum|
For a brief description of the practicum component of the course, please review here.
|380.612: Applications in Program Monitoring and Evaluation|
**Prerequisite: 380.611 Fundamentals of Program Evaluation course in 3rd term**
- Identify a practicum course.
- Register for the course and submit a Practicum Learning Plan to the practicum team.
- Complete and submit a Final Report. Final Reports are due 2 weeks after completion of the practicum experience. Note: If the practicum experience ends during fourth term, the Final Report is due May 1, 2019.