The following resources are helpful for students to plan, find and complete the required practicum experience.
Overview of Practicum Process
Finding & Completing a Practicum
- Find a Practicum - describes the various methods of finding a practicum for each type of practicum opportunity (including projects with outside organizations, with JHSPH faculty, and practicum courses).
- Practicum Courses - lists the various JHSPH courses with an approved practicum component.
- Practicum Opportunity Site Listings - provides a listing of practicum opportunities that are currently available for JHSPH students. *Students must complete a Practicum Learning Plan to obtain approval of practicum activities, including experiences found on the Practicum Opportunity Site Listings and approved courses with a practicum component.
- Practicum Linked to Capstone - describes how the MPH practicum requirement may be linked to the MPH Capstone requirement, when appropriate.
- Practice Awards - describes the application process for the annual Student Practice Awards recognizing students for outstanding public health practice contributions.
- Forms and Documents - collection of resources relating to the practicum experience, including the proposal form, educational plan, goals analysis, evaluations, and example timelines.
- Contact Information - listing of people, offices, and modules that may serve as a resource for students who have additional questions and concerns about the practicum process and requirements.