The mission of the Office of Public Health Practice and Training is to improve health through promotion of excellence in public health practice.
In support of this mission, the Office works with students, staff, faculty, academic departments, centers, programs, community partners and alumni to:
- Inspire students to pursue careers as public health leaders in practice at local, state, national, and global levels.
- Enhance access of public health practitioners to resources at the School for mutual benefit.
- Support translation of the School’s research and insights into public health action, and encourage research based on the needs of public health practice.
- Promote excellence in public health practice as a consideration in the School’s appointments and promotion process.
- Engage the School in emerging public health challenges.
- Support the School’s efforts to strengthen Baltimore.
- Assess and continually improve the school’s efforts to support excellence in public health practice.