Below are some tools and resources to help support winding down towards retirement.
They include a consolidation of key resources available through the JHU Benefits Office along with some publications about academic careers that may be of interest. New articles will continue to be posted as they become available.
JHU Benefits Office Information
Publications on Retiring from Academia
- A Professor’s Last Crucial Decision: When to Retire
- The Academy Is Aging in Place: Assessing Alternatives for Modifying Institutions of Higher Education
- Understanding the Needs and Concerns of Senior Faculty in Academic Medicine: Building Strategies to Maintain This Critical Resource
- Understanding the Faculty Retirement (non)Decision: Results from the Faculty Career and Retirement Survey
- When Your Second Career Starts at 73