I. Getting Started
- Baltimore City Health Department Studies
- Biosafety Guidance
- Criteria for Requests for Review under the JHSPH-SOM IRB Reciprocity Agreement
- Document Submission to the IRB
- Monetary and Other Incentives in the Research Context
- New Application IRB Operations Flow Chart
- Payments to Participants - Elimination of Use of VCN Form
- Planning Phase Applications
- Public Health Surveillance Activities: Guidance for Investigators'
- Publicly Available Data
- Recruitment Materials Guidance
- Verbal Autopsy Guidance
- What am I agreeing to do when I become a Principal Investigator on a JHSPH IRB protocol?
- What needs review by IRB?
- What You Need to Know about the Revised Common Rule
- When is an institution or PI "engaged" in Human Subjects Research?
II. Research in International Settings
III. Execution Tips for the Research Application
- Biospecimens: NIH Powerpoint (Things to think about)
- Biospecimens: What should be included in the Research Plan?
- Document Control for Human Subjects Research Study Documents
- Recruitment Materials
- Research Plan Instructional Template
- Study Team Roles and JHSPH IRB Requirements
- What will the IRB reviewer look for?
IV. Data Security and Retention
- Contact JHSPH IT about Data Security and Storage
- Data Protection LifeCycle
- Data Security Guidelines for Community Based Research (Best practices document prepared by ad-hoc committee of the Department of International Health)
- JHU Guidance Regarding Security of Custom Developed Mobile and Web Applications
- Guidelines for Retention and Disposal of Data
- Storage and Computer Options
- Tips on Data Management Plans for JH Clinical Data
- Why do I need a Data Management Plan?
V. Consent Process, Consent Forms, Recruitment and Other Participant Interaction Issues
- About Consent Form Template and Process Changes
- Compliance with JHU Policy on Child Safety
- Enrolling Foster Children
- Enrolling Maryland Children under Social Services Administration Care
- Informed Consent: Understanding the Process and Documentation Requirements
- Key Information
- Radiation Risk Consent Form Language
- SSA Instruction Sheet and Form for Enrolling Children in Foster Care
VI. Review Process
VII. Special Research Topics