Resources for International IRBs/RECs
WHO Resources for International RECs
1. WHO Global Health Resources: http://www.who.int/ethics/en/
2. WHO Standards and Operational Guidance for Ethics Review of Health-Related Research with Participants: http://www.who.int/ethics/publications/9789241502948/en/
3. Implementation: Capacity Building through the Strategic Initiative for Developing Capacity in Ethical Review (SIDCER): http://www.who.int/sidcer/about/en/
· What is SIDCER? Supports implementing the WHO Operational Guidelines for IRB/RECs around the world, and assessing those operational standards. Accredits RECs.
· Network of Regional Partner Fora:
The Research Ethics Committee Assessment Toolkit (RECAT): Designed to facilitate evaluation of the operational needs of the Research Ethics Committees globally to inform local quality assurance and quality improvement efforts. This toolkit is published open-access for non-commercial use.